I had already uninstalled the Topaz Mask AI and the Topaz Studio 2 which I was considering to purchase as part of one of their packs. I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 with all updates applied.
I had already searched around on the net and their own FAQs and forums and nothing helped. I had also downloaded the full installers, but, did not work.
I was about to log a ticket with and then I thought I would go through the apps to try and see if I could fix the issue manually.
Took me around 5 minutes to figure out and fix the issue. The solution is what I will share here.
I would recommend you download the full installers since that takes a lot lesser time to install than the online installers.
Once you start the installers, you might get an error message that the application is from the internet or unidentified developers. Not an issue, just right click on the installer application and click on “open” and then you will be prompted if you really want to run the app and you click on “open” again.
That will start up the installers. Once you have installed any of these products, you will not see them appear in Photoshop as most others do.
You will manually need to copy the plugins to the Photoshop plugin folder and then start up Photoshop to see them appear.
- Make sure that Photoshop is not running
- Go to the “Applications” folder (press CMD+SHIFT+A)
- Go into the “Topaz Labs LCC” folder
- Now, go into the application folder you want to add as a plugin
- 5. Right-click on the application file and select “Show Package Contents”
- Go into the “Content” folder
- Go into the “Resources” folder
- 8. Finally, go into the “PS_Plugins” folder
- You can either copy the contents of this folder, or the folder itself for the next step
- Go back into the “Applications” folder
- Go into the “Adobe Photoshop 2020” folder
- 12. Go into the “Plug-ins” folder
- Finally into the “Filters” folder
- Paste the plugins or the plugin folder copied from step 9 here.
That’s it. Repeat the process for all Topaz apps.
Now when you start Photoshop, you will see them appear as they should have to start with. These are simple to add in Lightroom, so, that should not be an issue.
I can only hope that Topaz fixes these installation issues soon…
#Photography #Post #Topaz #Photoshop